Accounts Payable Specialist
Flynn Restaurant Group (FRG) was started in 1999 as the owner and operator of eight Applebee’s in Washington State.
Since then the company has grown at over 30% a year, added five additional leading brands in Taco Bell, Panera, Arby’s, Pizza Hut, and Wendy’s, and has become the largest restaurant franchise and one of top 20 largest foodservice companies in the United States.
Today, through its six wholly-owned subsidiaries, Apple American Group, Bell American, Pan American, RB American, Hut American and Wend American Group, FRG owns and operates over 440 Applebee's, 280 Taco Bells, 130 Panera cafes, 360 Arby’s, 930 Pizza Huts, and 190 Wendy’s representing $3.5 Billion in Sales and directly employing almost 73,000 people in 44 states.
Going forward the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
Flynn Restaurant Group Support Center
Our mission at the Support Center is clear - we provide ever improving support to enable our operators to focus on running premier restaurants.
We value our 200+ team members and are committed to setting clear expectations, rewarding and appreciating their contributions and helping them reach their full potential.
We look for people to join our team who think beyond themselves and consider the overall business, that want to "Own it" and take a "Whatever it Takes" attitude in all they do.
The AP Specialist is a seasoned accounts payable professional responsible for processing, verifying, and reconciling a variety of accounts payable functions for multiple brands within multiple workflow systems. The AP Specialist will assist the AP team with transactional activities during periods of high work volume. This position ensures the timely and accurate processing of invoices that result in prompt payment to vendors and accurate financial reporting.
Essential responsibilities will include:
* Process all Support Center payments according to the payment schedule
* Void and reissue all returned checks and expired electronic payments
* Resolve all payment discrepancies
* Clear and balance electronic payments against invoice postings
* Process assigned vendor invoices including EDI, consolidated account bills, uploads, workflow system invoices, and check requests.
* Handle issues escalated from the processing team.
* Reconcile critical account statements for credits and past due items and work with the invoice processor(s), vendors, and field personnel to resolve.
* Assist the AP Supervisor and AP Manager with process improvements, projects, and ad hoc requests as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Four or more years of Accounts Payable experience with proven track record of success.
* Familiar with Accounting ERP software and other Operational Support software.
* Superb understanding of invoice processing.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
* Excellent communication, problem-solving, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of basic accounting principles, practices, and compliances.
* Ability to provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
* Ability to analyze account statements and payment records.
* Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills.
* Detail oriented, organized, and able to work with minimal supervision both independently and in a team environment.
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Restaurant Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
* Medical / Dental / Vision
* Retirement and Savings Plan
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Basic Life Insurance
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Company Outings
* Dining Discounts
* PC/Laptop Assistances
* On-Site Fitness Center
* On-Site Daycare
* On site Cafe
* FUN Work Environment!
The Flynn Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer