Construction Project Manager
Construction Project Manager
Flynn Restaurant Group (FRG) was started in 1999 as the owner and operator of eight Applebee’s in Washington State.
Since then the company has grown at over 30% a year, added five additional leading brands in Taco Bell, Panera, Arby’s, Pizza Hut, and Wendy’s, and has become the largest restaurant franchise and one of top 20 largest foodservice companies in the United States.
Today, through its six wholly-owned subsidiaries, Apple American Group, Bell American, Pan American, RB American, Hut American and Wend American Group, FRG owns and operates over 440 Applebee's, 280 Taco Bells, 130 Panera cafes, 360 Arby’s, 930 Pizza Huts, and 190 Wendy’s representing $3.5 Billion in Sales and directly employing almost 73,000 people in 44 states.
Going forward the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
Flynn Restaurant Group Support Center
Our mission at the Support Center is clear - we provide ever improving support and systems that enable our operators to be more effective and focus on running premier restaurants.
We value our 150+ employees and are committed to setting clear expectations, rewarding and appreciating their contributions and helping our employees reach their full potential.
We look for people to join our team who think beyond themselves and consider the overall business, that want to "Own it" and have the "Whatever it Takes" attitude!
Position oversees all construction activities across multiple brands, with a focus on one specific brand, including new construction, rebuilds, and remodels, to assist company in meeting strategic goals. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This employee partners effectively with operations management, real estate, and other functional areas within Flynn Restaurant Group.
* Position will be responsible for 20-25 remodels or new store openings per year. Will assist with construction-related items in pipeline across all brands as assigned. Locations will be in multiple geographical areas.
* Have a working knowledge of structural, mechanical and electrical building systems, civil design and practices. Understand utility systems and how they tie into the project building and site.
* Have accountability to the due diligence process from site identification, site investigations, survey, civil, geotechnical investigation, and other attributes for the overall development process.
* Accountability for overall development timeline including major and minor milestone steps.
* Have working knowledge of basic zoning and building codes as they relate to project plans and designs.
* Be able to represent all brands at meetings with municipalities, jurisdictions and other authorities during permitting due diligence and while projects are under construction.
* Carries supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, construction processes and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training contractors; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and developing contractors; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Prepares weekly, interim and completion project reports including project budgeting, design supervision/review, and executive reporting.
* Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects.
* Plans and formulates a development program for new sites and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
* Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project, such as technical studies, design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and testing, in accordance with engineering disciplines of staff.
* Reviews plans for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
* Provides management with analyses of construction costs at different phases of site development from preliminary to final construction budget based on what information is on hand at each phase.
* Establishes scope of construction projects, develop milestone schedules and cost estimates for outside professional skills. Interviewing outside consultants, contractors; bid, negotiate and prepare cost-effective, aggressive contracts and recommend execution.
* Travels regularly, with overnight stays as required, to handle multiple projects simultaneously and must have professional judgment and credibility to represent the department and service the diverse needs of the division.
* Controls expenditures within limitations of project and departmental budget.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred in Construction Management or Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience preferably in retail and hospitality environments; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Strong organizational skills
* Critical Path scheduling skills
* Proactive problem solving experience
* High quality and effective communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills and experience
* Extensive contract management experience
* Financial and budgetary management of multiple projects
* Thorough knowledge of all federal, state and local regulatory requirements applicable to project planning, design and construction
* Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of supervision, organization and administration
* Has an eye for the details and can uphold the company’s standards of quality
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Restaurant Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
* Medical / Dental / Vision
* Retirement and Savings Plan
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Basic Life Insurance
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Company Outings
* Dining Discounts
* PC/Laptop Assistances
The Flynn Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer