Director of Compliance and Team Experience
Director of Compliance and Team Experience
Flynn Group is currently seeking an experienced professional to lead our HR Compliance Team and serve as the Talent Experience Owner. This candidate will focus on identification and resolution of the greatest exposure items, reduction of high-risk activities so that we can continue to be a Premier Workplace, stay up to date on new and changing legislation across the country, and conduct proactive audits to ensure compliance with all state and federal legislation.
The Director of Compliance position will focus on 4 key areas:
1) Data Analysis - review and understand trends to help proactively identify areas of risk and opportunities within the business:
- Use internal employee data points like employee hotline, employee relations data, surveys, exit interviews, etc. to proactively identify opportunities
- Review and report on key employee trends using turnover, management staffing, and retention data
- Stay up to date on industry compliance trends and areas of high risk/exposure
- Use all of the above data to advise the business and put action plans into place to focus on key areas for potential and proactive risk mitigation
2) Rapid Response Field Support
- Ensure the Flynn HR team and key operations and training leaders receive periodic training and skills needed for employee education/incident response
- Travel as needed to conduct educational and training sessions/respond to incidents in field operations
- Provide real-time guidance and support during high-risk situations - ensure plans are created and communication to leadership and key stakeholders are executed
3) Education and Training
- Stay abreast of legal/regulatory developments in Labor Relations
- Develop/update/deliver training to relevant stakeholders (market leaders, HR, field operations leadership and GMs in targeted markets)
4) General Compliance
- Work with HR, Payroll, and Legal to ensure adherence to all labor and employment guidelines
- Collaborate with departments and Operations to manage compliance issues through investigation and resolution
- Develop and implement preventative and corrective action plans to mitigate identified risks
- Lead a team of 2 Compliance Managers
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Labor relations background preferred.
- HR Compliance experience.
- Advanced excel skills - Demonstrated skills such as Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, basic query function.
- Sound analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills. Ability to analyze and interpret information from multiple large data sets. Experience working with SAP is a plus.
- Professional and detailed verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict management.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and organize your own work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent judgment and discretion required to interpret and apply regulatory guidelines, company policies and procedures.
- Ability to influence all levels within the organization.
- Approachable and easily relatable.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Develop, maintain, motivate, discipline, communicate job expectations, and articulate an organizational culture consistent with company mission and values
- Train new hires and provide on-going mentoring of the HR Compliance process and laws
- Assist with running and coordinating team meetings and training, including setting agenda, recording minutes, and distributing follow up actions
- Team absence management
- Ability to operate as a team player who can effectively manage staff and work with business clients cooperatively and efficiently, both in person and remotely
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
- Retirement and Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Schedules
- Company Outings
- Dining Discounts
- PC/Laptop Purchase Assistance
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Daycare
- On-Site Café
- FUN Work Environment!
The Flynn Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer