Director of Construction
Director of Construction
Founded by Chairman and CEO Greg Flynn in 1999, Flynn Group LP (formerly Flynn Restaurant Group) is the largest franchise operator in the world, and the third largest operator of restaurants, after only Starbucks and Chipotle, in the United States. Flynn Group owns and operates more than 2,600 restaurants and fitness clubs across Applebee’s, Arby’s, Taco Bell, Panera, Pizza Hut, Wendy’s, and Planet Fitness brands spanning 44 states, and Australia, generating $4.6 billion in sales and employing more than 75,000 people. More information is available at www.flynn.com.
Flynn Group Support Center
Our mission at the Support Center is clear - we provide ever improving support and systems that enable our operators to be more effective and focus on running premier restaurants.
We value our 150+ employees and are committed to setting clear expectations, rewarding and appreciating their contributions and helping our employees reach their full potential.
We look for people to join our team who think beyond themselves and consider the overall business, that want to "Own it" and have the "Whatever it Takes" attitude!
Oversees all construction activities for two of the four brands to assist company in meeting strategic goals. Will supervise two to four in-house project managers. Will direct and supervise the activity of outside subject matter experts, such as architects and engineers. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Partners effectively with operations management in the field and other functional areas in the Support Center.
- Carries supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities can include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports including project budgeting, design supervision/review, and executive reporting. Additional reports and budgets to be prepared as needed from time to time.
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of construction projects for company. Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project, such as technical studies, design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and testing, in accordance with engineering disciplines of staff.
- Reviews plans for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Provides management with analyses of construction cost.
- Establishes scope of construction projects, develop milestone schedules and cost estimates for outside professional skills. Interviewing outside consultants, contractors; bid, negotiate and prepare cost-effective, aggressive contracts and recommend execution.
- Travels regularly to handle multiple projects simultaneously and must have professional judgment and credibility to represent the department and service the diverse needs of the division.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project and departmental budget.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Reports to Vice President of Real Estate in all of the above.
- Strong leadership skills
- High quality and effective communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- Extensive contract management experience
- Financial and budgetary management of multiple projects or departments
- Successful history in managing others
- Thorough knowledge of all federal, state and local regulatory requirements applicable to project planning, land acquisition, design and construction
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of supervision, organization and administration
- Requires a bachelor's degree preferably in Construction Management or Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated successful supervision of construction project managers and/or job superintendents.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to their fullest potential.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Schedule
- Company Outings
- Dining Discounts
- PC/Laptop Assistance
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Daycare
- On-Site Café
- FUN Work Environment!
The Flynn Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer