Finance Systems Analyst
Finance Systems Analyst
Founded by Chairman and CEO Greg Flynn in 1999, Flynn Group LP (formerly Flynn Restaurant Group) is the largest franchise operator in the world, and the third largest operator of restaurants, after only Starbucks and Chipotle, in the United States. Flynn Group owns and operates more than 2,600 restaurants and fitness clubs across Applebee’s, Arby’s, Taco Bell, Panera, Pizza Hut, Wendy’s, and Planet Fitness brands spanning 44 states, and Australia, generating $4.6 billion in sales and employing more than 75,000 people. More information is available at www.flynn.com.
Flynn Group Support Center
Our mission at the Support Center is clear - we provide ever improving support to enable our operators to focus on running premier restaurants.
We value our 200+ team members and are committed to setting clear expectations, rewarding and appreciating their contributions and helping them reach their full potential.
We look for people to join our team who think beyond themselves and consider the overall business, that want to "Own it" and take a "Whatever it Takes" attitude in all they do.
As the Finance Systems Analyst you will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating finance and accounting processes, scoping, designing, and delivering process, systems, and technology solutions for our finance systems projects. You will partner with key stakeholders within IT, Accounting, and other business areas as needed to provide best in class support and well thought out solutions that will enable future success of the business.
Essential responsibilities will include:
* Serve as the system/process expert for all areas of Finance & Accounting
* Develop strong working relationships with various business areas by communicating effectively and actively listening to their needs and feedback
* Define business requirements and systems goals through partnership with decision-makers, systems owners, and end-users.
* Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
* Assist in capturing, organizing, and documenting the business requirements for system projects related to Accounting, Payroll, Record-to-Report, Source-to-Pay, T&E, FP&A, Treasury and Tax
* Acts as a liaison between business stakeholders and technical developers, and help lead system projects from inception to deployment
* Support testing as needed for various projects including the creation of test cases, assisting end users with validation of tests, and documenting deficiencies/issues
* Assist in data validation and data management
* Help manage project backlog and prioritizations
* Review and maintain - and help define where needed - all financial systems policies and procedures
* Support and help lead change management activities
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
* 3+ years experience working in or in support of various accounting or finance functions
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated experience with system and process documentation
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with cross functional teams; constructively works through conflict to drive change and progress
* Demonstrated ability to understand complex data and problems
* Communicate challenges and opportunities in terms that are actionable to all levels of the organization
* Comfort working in ambiguous situation and with a high degree of autonomy
* Keen attention to detail, solution-driven ethos with a "roll-up your sleeves" attitude
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
* Medical / Dental / Vision
* Retirement and Savings Plan
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Basic Life Insurance
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Company Outings
* Dining Discounts
* PC/Laptop Assistances
* On-Site Fitness Center
* On-Site Daycare
* On site Cafe
* FUN Work Environment!
The Flynn Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer