Human Resources Business Analyst
Human Resources Business Analyst
Flynn Restaurant Group (FRG) was started in 1999 as the owner and operator of eight Applebee’s in Washington State.
Since then the company has grown at over 30% a year, added five additional leading brands in Taco Bell, Panera, Arby’s, Pizza Hut, and Wendy’s, and has become the largest restaurant franchise and one of top 20 largest foodservice companies in the United States.
Today, through its six wholly-owned subsidiaries, Apple American Group, Bell American, Pan American, RB American, Hut American and Wend American Group, FRG owns and operates over 440 Applebee's, 280 Taco Bells, 130 Panera cafes, 360 Arby’s, 930 Pizza Huts, and 190 Wendy’s representing $3.5 Billion in Sales and directly employing almost 73,000 people in 44 states.
Going forward the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
Flynn Restaurant Group Support Center
Our mission at the Support Center is clear - we provide ever improving support to enable our operators to focus on running premier restaurants.
We value our 200+ team members and are committed to setting clear expectations, rewarding and appreciating their contributions and helping them reach their full potential.
We look for people to join our team who think beyond themselves and consider the overall business, that want to "Own it" and take a "Whatever it Takes" attitude in all they do.
The HR Business Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating HR processes and procedures, developing and implementing HR strategies, and providing guidance and support to the HR team. This role will work with IT and HR end-users to assist in the understanding of systems, and interpret business needs, to apply technology for solving and supporting business requirements.
This person will be part of a team responsible for defining, developing, testing, analyzing, and maintaining current and future HR applications. This includes writing test scripts, testing, analyzing, and supporting our Core HR, Benefits, and Talent Management Applications. This person will take an active role in project management tasks, including the research, design, documentation, and modification of software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
Essential responsibilities include:
* Serve as the systems/process expert for the respective areas of HR. Effectively communicate with end-users to understand requirements. Research, recommend, and implement process improvements to better utilize HR Technologies and/or enhance existing business processes.
* Maintain and support HR systems, based on operations and regulatory requirements, through the review, testing and implementation of upgrades, enhancements, business requests and patches.
* Ensure that all unit, system, regression, and acceptance testing has been successfully completed and approved, prior to making changes in a production environment.
* Support problem resolution for their functional area. Always be willing to help a customer find the appropriate procedure or resource, even if the issue is not your direct responsibility.
* Assist and participate in projects as assigned by HR leadership. Assist with the coordination of resources, schedules and communication for the projects as needed.
* Reports & Analytics:
oAct as liaison between Human Resources and Business Intelligence teams.
oFocus on people related analytics, specifically: compensation, benefits, rewards.
oWork with Business Intelligence team to compile requirements for new HR reporting.
oEngage with vendors and third parties with whom we bring in data to ensure we can successfully import the obtained data.
oTrack and update leadership on all reporting and Power BI priorities.
oTroubleshoot with BO team when problems/issues arise with existing reporting.
oCompile surveys for HR team and work with BI team to analyze and understand results.
oProvide analytical forecasting and modeling, with the ultimate goal of organizational effectiveness, through improved business performance with an engaged workforce.
oPoint person responsible for producing all benefits/total rewards analytics.
oProvide HR leaders required and proactive data to be able to make strategic, data-driven decisions through the administration of total rewards, data analytics programs to identify and report on trends within the business.
* Support creation, administration, and evaluation of total rewards programs to build and drive employee engagement, retention, and attraction.
* Monitor arrears collection process and recommend improvements as needed.
Desired Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5+ years directly related human resources experience.
* Minimum of 3+ years of experience in HR applications.
* Excellent Excel skills.
* Ability to solve complex data problems, work through difficult situations and work independently.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
* Understanding of databases and reporting technology.
* Excellent ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
* Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams within and outside of the Human Resources department.
* Creative visualization, critical thinking, inductive and deductive reasoning skills.
* Ability to keep information confidential and handle confidential matters discretely.
* Capacity to work under pressure while observing high quality standards.
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Restaurant Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
* Medical / Dental / Vision
* Retirement and Savings Plan
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Basic Life Insurance
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off
* Flexible/Hybrid Work Schedules
* Company Outings
* PC/Laptop Assistances
* On-Site Fitness Center
* On-Site Daycare
* On site Cafe
* FUN Work Environment!
The Flynn Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer