Injury Claims Adjuster
The Injury Claims Adjuster is responsible determining third party liability and evaluating medical records or demand packets for injury claims.
General Liability Analyst
- Investigates and communicates w/ operators, witnesses and third parties to resolve claims.
- Responsible for making initial contacts with guests and explaining the processes and next steps.
- Determines liability position, communicates investigation findings to guest/claimants, keep files notes and drafts denial letters as appropriates, reach resolutions, and negotiate settlements where appropriate with unrepresented.
- Draft settlement releases and issues payment where necessary.
- Keeping file tasks and meeting all file requirements & metrics for best claim handling practices.
- Updating Manager timely when new information is received throughout investigation with to ensure files are reassigned Manager or Third-Party claims administrator as investigation develops and investigation handled appropriately.
- Identifying when a claim should be tendered to a separate party.
- Identifying SIU needs such as ISO reports for questionable claims.
- Evaluating more complex injuries and corelating medical records, diagnostic imaging, and bills, identifying pre-existing conditions, confirming mechanism of injuries, understanding degenerative diagnosis vs. acute findings.
- Request authority from manager by writing up special and general damages with liability explanation to support the value range placed on claim.
- Notify manager of large loss potential exposures
- Draft Tender letters to appropriate party and their insurer.
- Draft acknowledgement letters to Attorneys, requesting required information such as theory of liability, injury, and treatment status.
- Draft denial letters with the appropriate language to Plaintiff attorney.
- Apply multiple state contributory negligence laws as appropriate.
Essential responsibilities will include:
- Conduct day-to-day claims administration to investigate and resolve claims to include review and analysis of medical records, witness statements and video evidence.
- Access and interpret data from multiple internal and external databases.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in the claims industry, specifically handling injury claims.
- Strong computer and analytical skills, with the ability to exercise self-direction and initiative, and make decisions in a fast paced changing work environment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability for team participation including ability to implement efficient work processes, problem prevention identification and resolution skills.
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Retirement and Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Company Outings
- Dining Discounts
- PC/Laptop Assistances
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Daycare
- On site Cafe
- FUN Work Environment!
The Flynn Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer