Real Estate Manager
Real Estate Manager
Flynn Restaurant Group (FRG) was started in 1999 as the owner and operator of eight Applebee’s in Washington State.
Since then the company has grown at over 30% a year, added five additional leading brands in Taco Bell, Panera, Arby’s, Pizza Hut, and Wendy’s, and has become the largest restaurant franchise and one of top 20 largest foodservice companies in the United States.
Today, through its six wholly-owned subsidiaries, Apple American Group, Bell American, Pan American, RB American, Hut American and Wend American Group, FRG owns and operates over 440 Applebee's, 280 Taco Bells, 130 Panera cafes, 360 Arby’s, 930 Pizza Huts, and 190 Wendy’s representing $3.5 Billion in Sales and directly employing almost 73,000 people in 44 states.
Going forward the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
Flynn Restaurant Group Support Center
Our mission at the Support Center is clear - we provide ever improving support to enable our operators to focus on running premier restaurants.
We value our 200+ team members and are committed to setting clear expectations, rewarding and appreciating their contributions and helping them reach their full potential.
We look for people to join our team who think beyond themselves and consider the overall business, that want to "Own it" and take a "Whatever it Takes" attitude in all they do.
Working with Flynn Restaurant Group’s Development Team this role will be primarily responsible for covering a restaurant brand/territory and in producing new, freestanding locations. The role will also lead deals through internal approvals, contractual negotiations, due diligence information, and working with construction to ensure restaurant opening. In short, the Real Estate Manager will be involved with the projects from inception through restaurant opening.
- Develop, maintain, and implement a comprehensive, strategic market plan for specific brand and territory and handle bold new store growth goals.
- Maintain strong market knowledge and an understanding of the specific brands coverage gaps, target markets, trends, projected home/work/shop growth, competition, and other factors that build real estate opportunities
- Handle network of real estate brokers to identify potential sites for new restaurant development and relocations.
- Conduct sites tours with operations and real estate team as needed as well as working with Real Estate Director to obtain executive approval on new projects.
- Prepare new restaurant site packages for presentation to the Real Estate Committee; Presentation shall include a decision logic, maps, aerials, demographics, competitor analysis, sales forecast, return metrics, impact analysis, and real estate deal points.
- Partner with coordination and construction teams to ensure project moves efficiently through due diligence, entitlements, and construction phases. Real estate stays with the project through opening and beyond.
- Be responsible for lease renewal negotiations for the brands existing portfolio.
- Participate in weekly development department project status meetings and lead associated critical dates.
- 5+ years’ retail deal-making experience preferred
- Comprehensive and proficient understanding of single-tenant real estate site selection and acquisition
- Resourceful at identifying and evaluating restaurant site locations (availability, access, population trends, sales potential, and competition.)
- Very strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite a must.
- BA/BS degree in a real estate or business subject area strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Proven abilities in legal contract negotiation and administration
- Proactive, innovative, and critical thinking/project manager
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and partnership skills.
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptive, and to operate in a multifaceted, fast paced environment.
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Restaurant Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Retirement and Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Company Outings
- Dining Discounts
- PC/Laptop Assistances
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Daycare
- On site Cafe
- FUN Work Environment!
The Flynn Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer