Senior Litigation Counsel
Senior Counsel, Litigation
Full time * San Francisco* Hybrid
Flynn Restaurant Group, the largest restaurant franchisee in the world, seeks an exceptional Senior Counsel, Litigation to join its industry-recognized legal team. This is a unique opportunity to join a diverse and dynamic in-house legal department of a company featuring some of the most iconic and beloved restaurant brands in the nation (Applebee’s, Taco Bell, Panera, Arby’s, Wendy’s, and Pizza Hut). Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, Litigation, you will handle your own docket of cases in California (bonus if you are a member of any other state’s bar) and will partner with outside counsel to manage litigation in non-California jurisdictions. Your focus will be on premises liability and commercial cases, with additional experience in one or more of the following specialty fields a plus: auto liability, real estate, construction, ADA Title III, privacy, or employment.
The position is based in our San Francisco, CA Support Center.
* Litigate! You will lead your own litigation matters from start to finish, as well as oversee and coordinate outside counsel litigation efforts. You will interview witnesses, take depositions, handle motion practice, engage in pre-trial dispute resolution, and first-chair arbitration and/or trial. This job is perfect for a litigator ready to leave behind law firm billable hour and business development requirements, but who still wants to be in the courtroom.
* Collaborate closely with outside counsel on non-California litigation matters, including appearing pro hac vice as needed.
* Manage and conduct internal investigations.
* Conduct risk and compliance assessments in coordination with HR, IT, and Risk Departments.
* Provide internal advice and counseling across a broad spectrum of legal issues.
* Remain up-to-date on relevant industry and litigation-related laws to ensure an ongoing ability to provide excellent legal advice.
* Devise processes and procedures to help support a growing legal department and business.
* Travel involved.
* 8+ years of litigation experience.
* Juris Doctor from an accredited law school; California Bar admission in good standing (bar admission in additional states a plus!)
* Experience leading all facets of litigation through trial/arbitration.
* Ability to learn quickly and manage shifting priorities.
* Entrepreneurial mindset that enables you to successfully work independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment and escalate issues when needed.
* Dedication to exceptional client service.
* Ability to operate as a team player who can effectively work with and manage legal staff and business clients cooperatively and efficiently.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Sound and practical business judgment and good old-fashioned common sense.
* A sense of humor and an upbeat, can-do attitude, in keeping with the company’s "Own It!" philosophy.
* And you should love being a lawyer!
Greg Flynn founded Flynn Restaurant Group (Flynn) in 1999 with the acquisition of eight Applebee’s restaurants in Washington State. Since then, the company has grown at over 30% a year, added five leading brands in Taco Bell, Panera, Arby’s, Pizza Hut, and Wendy’s, and has become the largest restaurant franchise and third largest restaurant operator in the world.
Today, through its six wholly-owned subsidiaries, Apple American Group, Bell American Group, Pan American Group, RB American Group, Hut American Group, and Wend American Group, Flynn owns and operates over 440 Applebee's, 280 Taco Bells, 130 Panera cafes, 360 Arby’s, 930 Pizza Huts, and 190 Wendy’s representing $4.1 billion in sales and employing almost 73,000 people in 44 states and Australia.
Going forward, the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Restaurant Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
* Medical / Dental / Vision
* Retirement and Savings Plan
* Short- and Long-Term Disability
* Basic Life Insurance
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off
* Flexible Work Schedules
* San Francisco Commuter Benefits
* Company Outings
* Dining Discounts
The good faith estimated range of pay for the above position is $165,000 - $195,000 depending on factors including but not limited to experience and skill. There is a target discretionary incentive bonus of 20%.
Flynn Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For a copy of Flynn Restaurant Group’s Workplace Privacy Notice, please visit http://www.flynnrestaurantgroup.com/workplace-privacy-notice/.